Egypt is the oldest tourist destination on Earth and home to mankind’s greatest monuments. Consider the Sphinx and the mighty Pyramids, whose scale and cultural significance have struck awe into visitors for many millennia. As if that wasn’t enough, the nation is blessed with a handsome collection of natural wonders: the Nile, the vast deserts, the rockscapes and the coral-rich Red Sea. Cairo spreads across the Nile towards the Pyramids and is a marvellous stopover for a few days of Egyptian culture. September through to June are the best months to visit, though in winter, Cairo can be quite cool.
To make your stay in Egypt extra special, contact the Seasons in Style concierge department who will be happy to arrange the following for you:
- Take a fascinating tour of the Egyptian Museum of Antiques; 7000 years of Egyptian history and over 120,000 exhibits spread across 107 halls; one of which is specifically reserved for the treasures from the tomb of Tutankhamen. Complete your visit with a Champagne breakfast hosted by the Chairman of the Supreme Council for Antiquities, Dr. Gaballa Ali Gaballa.
- Embark on an unforgettable tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza, ponder the fascinating mystery of their existence and explore the ancient burial chambers within.
- Visit the Solar Boat Museum, home to the Pharaoh’s magnificent 141-foot-long boat of cedar wood. Remarkably, no nails were used in the original construction of the boat, just ropes and pegs. Its discovery was hailed as the single most important archaeological find in Egypt since the Tomb of Tutankhamen.
- Enjoy dinner on the Nile; the worlds longest river at a luxurious restaurant followed by a spectacular mix of Egyptian music and dancing.
- Explore the colourful coral reefs of the Red Sea with a snorkelling or diving trip.
All of the above activities and reservations and much more can be discussed and arranged by our concierge department.